Course Content / Modules Covered
The following subjects are covered in the training:
- Principles of first aid and safety; Medico-Legal aspects
- Emergency scene management.
- Examination of the patient.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) & AED
- Wounds and bleeding.
- Shock, unconsciousness and fainting.
- Musco-Skeletal Injuries – Fractures & Joints.
- Head and spinal injuries.
- Various injuries – Chest, Hand, Eye & Ear, Pelvic and abdominal and crush injuries.
- Medical Emergencies – Diabetes, Epilepsy & Fits, Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Cardiac problems.
- Poisoning, bites and stings.
- Environmental illnesses and injuries
- Behavioural emergencies.
- Emergency childbirth.
- Applied anatomy and physiology.
- Transport methods.
For more info see First Aid Level 1 – 3