Describe the functions of workplace health and safety representative – 259622
Level: 2 Credits: 3
Department Labour Compliance.
For SETA accreditation an additional fee is applicable. (See Fee structure Below)
This course is made up of 5 Topics. Once completed and found competent you will be issued a certificate of competence however it should be noted that this is a non-credit bearing course. In order to obtain credits, you will have to do a combination course from our approved list of credit bearing courses. For more information email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Course Outcomes
The learner accredited with this unit standard will be able to:
- Explain the rights, powers, functions, and duties of the workplace health and safety representative and how any errant health, safety, and environmental issues may be handled.
- Learners will also be able to participate in the safety, health, and environmental structures and measure these activities according to health, safety and environmental requirements.
At the end of this unit standard the qualifying learner will be able to:
- Describe the framework of workplace health and safety legislation pertaining to health and safety representatives.
- Explain the specified requirements to conduct safety, health, and environmental representation activities at a working place.
- Address safety, health, and environment-related issues within their scope of authority.
- Comply with the activities within safety, health, and environmental structures.
Entry Level Requirements Into This Programme
- Communication at NQF Level 1 or equivalent
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 1 or equivalent.
- Employees and committee members.
- Management and supervisor
- Shop Stewards and Union members
Learner Support Practices
Prospective learners can contact Teacher Bubbles Training Academy to the learning programme for any information and / or guidance that is required.
Unit Standard Delivery
This unit standard is offered through E-Learning training and zoom interaction as per scheduled arrangements.
Course Duration Online And Language
- 1 Week online, work on your own time.
- There will be scheduled sessions which will be indicated in your personal schedule.
- The course is presented in English.
- 3-day workplace experiential learning.
- Maximum course completion is 2 weeks
Online Technical Requirements
The system requirements for the Moodle user are modest. All you really need is a solid, reliable internet connection and a modern web browser which can be downloaded within our e Learning platform
- Windows: Windows vista or higher.
- Macintosh: Mac OS X or higher.
- Android Phone
- Devices should have camera operating systems
Recommended Minimum Browsers
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
Chat with us on email@example.com
Classroom Training: R 1 099,00 per delegate
Online (Blended) Training: R 779,00 per delegate
Refresher Training: R 499,00 per delegate (proof of current in-date certification needed)
Seta Registration: R250.00 per delegate
Group Rates: Contact us for a quotation; should you have a group of delegates requiring training.