This course is designed to provide the participant who have already completed a First Aid Level 1 course and now wish to obtain additional knowledge and skills to understand and handle Trauma and basic Medical Emergencies. This is the highest level before progressing into a Professional Qualification.
This course is ideal for team leaders of Emergency Response Teams (ERTs) or Medical Teams, First Responders (Firemen/ Police), Security Professionals (Armed Response/ CPOs), Life Guards, Teachers and Education professionals and/ or someone wanting to enter into the medical profession be it medical, paramedical, nursing, physiotherapy, etc.
Course Content / Modules Covered
The following subjects are covered in the training:
- Principles of first aid and safety; Medico-Legal aspects
- Emergency scene management.
- Examination of the patient.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) & AED
- Wounds and bleeding.
- Shock, unconsciousness and fainting.
- Musco-Skeletal Injuries – Fractures & Joints.
- Head and spinal injuries.
- Various injuries – Chest, Hand, Eye & Ear, Pelvic and abdominal and crush injuries.
- Medical Emergencies – Diabetes, Epilepsy & Fits, Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Cardiac problems.
- Poisoning, bites and stings.
- Environmental illnesses and injuries
- Behavioural emergencies.
- Emergency childbirth.
- Applied anatomy and physiology.
- Transport methods.
- First Aid Level 1 Certificate (valid)
- Grade 9 educational level or equivalent – please submit proof with registration form.
Initial training – 4 days.
- Level 2 – 3: R 1,350.00 per delegate
Refreshments (tea/ coffee) are provided for Public Courses.
Do you have a group of learners? Contact us for Group quote? (T&Cs apply)
- Subject to assessment, all participants will be issued with a First Aid Level (3) Three certificate approved by the Department of Labour (Registration No: CI622).
- This qualification is valid for 3 years which can be renewed by attending a suitable 3-Day re-qualification course.