This course is designed to provide the participant who has no medical training but wishes to rapidly progress through the first two Levels of First Aid. This course will allow the participant to basic understanding of and how to handle a wide range of Trauma and Medical Emergencies.
This course is ideal for first aiders that wish to have greater confidence when treating patients. This course has also now also become the required minimum standard in many industries for individuals working as team leaders or supervisors.
Course Content / Modules Covered
- A wide range of subjects is covered including: –
- The Emergency Situation
- Anatomy and Physiology.
- Basic Life Support – CPR & AED.
- Bleeding and Wounds
- Musco-Skeletal Injuries – Fractures & Joints.
- Head and Spinal Injuries
- Various Injuries – Chest, Hand, Eye & Ear, Pelvic and Abdominal and Crush Injuries.
- Medical Emergencies – Diabetes, Epilepsy & Fits, Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Cardiac Problems
- Burn Wounds.
- Poisoning, Bites and Stings
- Transport Methods
- Classroom based: 4 days
- Blended Course: see First Aid Levels 1-2 Blended Course
- Level 1 – 2: Classroom: R 1,250.00 per delegate
- Level 1 – 2: Blended: see First Aid Levels 1-2 Blended Course
Refreshments (tea/ coffee) are provided for Public Courses.
Do you have a group of learners? Contact us for Group quote? (T&Cs apply)
- Subject to assessment, all participants will be issued with a First Aid Level (2) Two certificate approved by the Department of Labour (Registration No: CI 622).
This qualification is valid for 3 years which can be renewed by attending a suitable 2-Day re-qualification course.