This course is designed to expand on the knowledge gained in Level Two by giving the participant more extensive Medical Terminology and more detailed understanding of the human body and why things happen.
This course is ideal for team leaders of Emergency Response Teams (ERTs) or Medical Teams, First Responders (Firemen/ Police), Security Professionals (Armed Response/ CPOs), Life Guards, Teachers and Education professionals and/ or someone wanting to enter into the medical profession be it medical, paramedical, nursing, physiotherapy, etc.
Course Content / Modules Covered
A wide range of subjects is covered including: –
- The Emergency Situation
- Anatomy And Physiology
- Basic Life Support – CPR & AED
- Bleeding and Wounds
- Musco-Skeletal Injuries – Fractures & Joints
- Head and Spinal Injuries
- Various Injuries – Chest, Hand, Eye & Ear, Pelvic and Abdominal And Crush Injuries
- Medical Emergencies – Diabetes, Epilepsy & Fits, Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Cardiac Problems
- Burn Wounds
- Poisoning, Bites and Stings
- Environmental Illnesses and Injuries
- Emergency Childbirth
- Behavioural and Disabled Patients
- Transport Methods
- Grade 9 educational level or equivalent.
- Valid Level 2 First Aid Certificate– please submit proof with registration.
- Refresher training – 3 days.
- Initial training: see First Aid Level 3
- Refresher Training: R 720.00 per delegate (proof of current certification needed)
- Level 3: see First Aid Level 3
Refreshments (tea/ coffee) are provided for Public Courses.
Do you have a group of learners? Contact us for Group quote? (T&Cs apply)
- Subject to assessment, all participants will be issued with a First Aid Level (3) Three certificate approved by the Department of Labour (Registration No: CI 622).
- This qualification is valid for 3 years which can be renewed by attending a suitable 3-Day re-qualification course.