This course is the next step in learning about First Aid and is designed to refresh the knowledge gained on the previous Level One course, to expand on conditions already learnt and introduce various types of Medical Emergencies and how they are treated.
This course is ideal for first aiders that wish to develop in the pre-hospital field and gain more confidence in treatment of a wider range of patients. This course has also now also become the required standard in many industries for team leaders and supervisor levels.
Course Content / Modules Covered
The following subjects are covered in the training: –
- The Emergency Situation
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Basic Life Support – CPR & AED
- Bleeding and Wounds
- Musco-Skeletal Injuries – Fractures & Joints
- Head and Spinal Injuries
- Various Injuries – Chest, Hand, Eye & Ear, Pelvic and Abdominal And Crush Injuries.
- Medical Emergencies – Diabetes, Epilepsy & Fits, Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Cardiac Problems
- Burn Wounds.
- Poisoning, Bites and Stings.
- Transport Methods.
Valid Level 1 First Aid Certificate – submit proof with registration.
- Refresher training – 2 days.
- Initial training: see First Aid Level 2
- Refresher Training: R645.00 per delegate (proof of current certification needed)
- Level 2: see First Aid Level 2
Refreshments (tea/ coffee) are provided for Public Courses.
Do you have a group of learners? Contact us for Group quote? (T&Cs apply)
- Subject to assessment, all participants will be issued with a First Aid Level (2) Two certificate approved by the Department of Labour (Registration No: CI 622).
- This qualification is valid for 3 years which can be renewed by attending a suitable 2-Day re-qualification course.